How to Take Care of Your TENGA
TENGA has created a variety of different products since the company was founded in 2005. While the TENGA disposable products are very well known, such as TENGA's popular Original Vacuum CUP, a wide range of reusable products are also available. While our products do come packaged with manuals (also available online here) which offer advice on how best to look after your product, sometimes customers have specific questions on how to care for their TENGA item. We’re going to cover some of the best care practices and most common cleaning questions we receive, here.
Types of Reusable TENGA
There are a variety of different reusable TENGA products available such as the following:
- The FLIP 0 Series.
- The FLIP ORB Series
- The FLIP HOLE Series.
- The SPINNER Series
- The GEO Series
- The crysta Series
- The TENGA 3D Series
There is also the SVR Series which can be used for both solo and partnered play. Since the vast majority of them are made from elastomer, silicone or a mix of the two, cleaning methods remain largely the same. We’ll cover these general recommendations below on how to take care of your reusable TENGA products.
General Cleaning Methods
All of TENGA’s reusable products are designed to be easily cleaned, dried and stored. Here are our recommendations for how to clean your products:
For stretchable reusable products:
- Invert the insertion point (in the case of the SPINNER up to the coil) or invert the product to the original shape (such as for the GEO and crysta for example) and wash under running cold or tepid water.
- Dry off with a towel.
- Place the product on its Drying Case to air dry.
- Once completely dry, place into the case for storage.
For products such as the FLIP Series:
- Remove the Slide Arms if applicable, and flip the item open.
- Wash under running cold or tepid water.
- Place on the Slide Arms to air dry.
- Once completely dry, close and replace Slide Arms for storage.
For the SVR Series
- Wash under running cold or tepid water.
- Ensure the charging port is clean.
- Do not charge when wet to avoid damage or electrocution.
- Store in the travel case.
■ Use only neutral or mild soap. Soaps high in acid or alkaline content may damage product material.
■ Do NOT wash with alcohol or other cleaners.
■ Please ensure the product is completely clean and dry before storing to help avoid mold and other build-ups.
Common Maintenance Questions
Q. What type of lubrication/lotion should I use with my [TENGA Product]?
A. Our reusable products generally come with sample pouches of TENGA HOLE LOTION REAL included. We recommend using TENGA HOLE LOTION for further uses, however, outside of this, we recommend using water-based lubricants and lotions.
Please keep in mind that for products such as the FLIP 0 Series, while the material of the interior (TPE) should be compatible with other water-based lubricants, we cannot be held responsible for any damage that may occur from third-party lubricants. Most importantly, oils and silicone-based lubricants should not be used, as these can damage the material.
Q. How should I store my [TENGA Product]?
A. After ensuring your TENGA product is completely clean and dry, place the item on the Drying Case or Stand and cover with the Top Cover if applicable. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
Q. My [TENGA Product] has mold. What do I do to clean or remove this?
A. While we suggest completely drying the item before storage to prevent bacteria and mold from building up, there is still a possibility it could happen. While the soft elastomer used to make TENGA items is body-safe, it is porous, making it impossible to completely sanitize. If in the very rare case there is mold or something similar on the item we would advise you not to continue using the item, and dispose of it.
Can’t Find An Answer?
These are just a few of our most commonly asked questions but it does not cover everything. If you have a more specific defect inquiry then please contact us via our contact form and we will do our best to help.
Summary on Taking Care of Your TENGA
All TENGA products have been tested extensively and should have a long life with the right kind of care. If the guidelines are followed as above, you should be able to continue using your TENGA product for a long time.
Here is a breakdown on how to take care of your TENGA:
- Remember to wash in cold or tepid water.
- Only use gentle or mild soap when washing.
- Use TENGA HOLE LOTION or another water-based lubricant.
- Store in a cool, dry place that is away from direct sunlight.
- Be gentle and avoid sharp objects when cleaning your TENGA.
- Remember to allow your reusable TENGA to dry completely before storing.
- For the FLIP 0 EV and the SVR, remember to thoroughly clean and wipe dry the metal connectors/charging port.
Here are all the ways to take care of your TENGA. With proper cleaning and storing, your TENGA products can be used for longer. Enjoy your TENGA for a long time to come!